Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June 6,7,8 - repeat, bare, pros

Catching up - Sunday June 6 we were suppsoed to be camping and I had brought ratty flip flops, but we bailed on camping in favor of airconditioned dorm, so I just rewore the orange espadrilles.

Monday June 7 I worked from home, and went barefoot all day long

June 8
What: 2.5 inch heeled cream peep toes
From: Circa Joan and David, Lord and Taylor
Purchased: January '08
Cost: $25

The first of the 5-shoes-in-one-month extravagance. Andrew was only 2 months old, I wasn't working (or even had a job!), in was January and fairly nice but a little cold, so to get out of the house I would head up to Friendship Heights and walk around a mix of stores and outdoors. Sadly for my (I have no money or job) budget, Lord and Taylor had some fabulous shoes for sale for super cheap and I could not resist them. And over the course of the month, bought 5 pairs, each less than $25, each fabulous and great, but still, a totally ridiculous extravagance for someone who didn't know if she was going to be able to go back to work anytime in the near future. Luckily it worked out.

I had seen these shoes over Christmas in both darker brown and this cream, and pointed them out to my sister who hated them and said they looked like granny shoes. I have to admit, I have a slight weakness for things that look a little 'granny' and fussy and I loved the buckles. I used to believe that you should not wear shoes that are lighter in tone than your outfit (I rarely wear white shoes, either before or after Labor Day!), but I've been slowly convinced that 'nude' shoes are flattering, so during my winter weakness I could not resist how cheap these were. They are also very comfortable. So yesterday for my work meeting, I decided to break them out. I bet it's only about the 5th wearing they've had. I love them, but still unsure of what they really go with, besides brown pants, with a lighter top that's cream, not white. I'm not entirely as adventurous as I claim to be.

Bottom line: keeper! Must find new outfits with which to wear.

1 comment:

Herself said...

Gotta love a shoe that needs a whole new wardrobe!