Saturday, June 19, 2010

June 15 - quest for brown

June 15 – brown

What: brown 2 inch tasseled slingback
From: Bandolino, Macy’s
Purchased: ’04 or ‘05
Cost: $32

I have a love hate relationship with these shoes. There’s something about them I don’t like – they’re not entirely comfortable. But yet they fill a very specific need – conservative (ie, closed toe) dark brown low-heeled shoes (but not pumps - I personally think low heeled pumps look matronly, but through in a little extra - sling back, or peep toe, or straps of some sort and you're fine). I used to wear almost exclusively black as my neutral, but started expanding into brown and really needed to fill that shoe niche, and so got these at Macy’s (or was it still Hecht’s, then?) with their 20% off coupon. The toes have really taken a beating. I wear them a lot in spring and fall, but for some reason have never really loved them. Brown shoes are tough. Unlike black, there are a lot of shades of brown. I have an entire under bed shoe thing filled with varying shades of brown shoes (seriously, this shoe challenge is not hard at all). Today, I needed to wear my brown suit and these were really the only shoes that would do, and they were more comfortable than I remembered them being.

Bottom line: a keeper, sigh. Believe it or not I am keeping my eyes open for more brown shoes. I just cannot get the brown shoe right.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I think these are cute.