Tuesday, June 22, 2010

June 21 - dip in the past

What: Size 8 low heeled black sandals
From: Talbots (outlet)
Purchased: late 90s? probably early 00's
Cost: <$20

This was the first morning I've had to think more than a second about my shoe choice. I just wanted to throw on something easy - one of my standbys I've already worn. It's hot, I wasn't sure what to wear, most of the sandals I was thinking about were more for jeans or brown outfits, and I had on a black skirt, I was only going to the grocery store (but was walking in the heat). So I had to dig a little and pulled these out of the closet. I've had them forever, the heel is almost worn out, and I was reminded they make a little squeaky noise when walking on carpet. I've worn them a ton - the front is pretty worn. But they are basic black sandals. And that's about it. Perhaps not quite in style, with the wide band and chunkier heel. Maybe frumpy? My low heeled black sandal quest is simply because I've nearly worn out, and am totally bored by, the low heeled black sandals I do have. But since I power bargain shop, plain black sandals are harder to find. These are fine shoes. Maybe could use a re-heeling, but they'd also be fine for a while without it.

Bottom line: keeper, but really I'll just shove them back in the closet and not think of them for a while

No comments: