Tuesday, June 22, 2010

June 22 - more black sandals

What: size 8, low heeled, wedge strap sandals
From: Talbots (outlet)
Purchased: Sometime in 09, I think
Cost: $30? Maybe a little less, maybe a little more. I hope I didn't pay more than $24 for them, but I might have gone higher.

I'm pretty sure I got these last year, snapped off the discount rack at the Talbots outlet (sorry, the Talbots clearance center as it's now known). They are ok - the strap is a little tight. I haven't worn them much. A good case of the black sandal quest resulting in shoes that are ok, but not quite right. They are interesting enough with the straps and the wedge. But I really prefer slip ons for summer shoes, and these require some effort to get on (yes, having ot actually sit down and then use my hands to put on my shoes is too much effort!). Last summer was so mild they were fine, but just walking this morning in extreme heat meant they really grew slightly uncomfortable over time. I took them off - I do need to run out later so hope they will cram back on my feet!

Edited to add Bottom line: keeper. These are interesting shoes, so despite the tightness, they'll stay

2 comments:

Herself said...

Have I told you how much I love this series of posts on your blog? LOVE.

Helen said...

Are you keeping these shoes, or deciding later today? Inquiring minds want to know!

Also -- how many have you gotten rid of so far?

Great blog. Like Therese, I love this series, too.