Monday, June 28, 2010

June 27 - more slip ons


What: size 8 blue suede scuffs
From: ? Not sure – I think from outlets in Florida
Purchased: ~’98?
Cost: ? not sure – I think around $20

My memory fades as the shoes age. I do remember my sister once was about to throw out a pair of slides from Adidas, when I stopped her – they were perfectly fine scuffs, if a little worn. So she ended up giving them to me, and I literally wore them out until the strap holding them together broke. This was pre-Cros, but those rubber slides, that she wore to swim practice, were awesome, in the way that crocs are awesome: ugly, but hugely comfortable. Knowing the slides would die eventually, I had a short quest for replacements in the late 90s (including the first and only pair of shoes Rich has given me). So, these. There is something……oddly stiff about the white fabric at the front and back of the top piece. It doesn’t give. At all. These shoes should be super comfortable, and they aren’t. They were fine for the pool today. They’d be awful for any period of walking.

Bottom line: sigh, keeper. I don’t know why.

No comments: