Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June 13 - lazy Sunday

What: 1-inch light green thong sandals
From: Talbots (outlet)
Purchased: early ‘00’s
Cost: <$20 Even before I got this idea for a shoe series, I had been thinking about shoe decluttering, based on my green shoe sandal situation. A few years ago, I went through a phase and ended up with this, searching for a comfortable pair:
Yes, three pairs of identical color light green sandals (all from the same place, too). I was on a mission. I never though any of these were comfortable, but earlier this spring when I was considering I might have a problem and pulled out the green shoes and took this photo, I decided to give the thongs another try, and they worked. I wore these shoes all the time (along with the orange flip flops), which brought about Rich’s comment that I only wore a small percentage of my shoes.

Bottom line: Keeper - we'll see about the other two pairs when I get to them

2 comments:

Thrift Store Mama said...

I love this quote: "when I was considering I might have a problem"

Rachel et Natalie said...

I have a hard time throwing shoes away, my mom used to do it for me.
Since my foot surgery 10 years ago, I have had to give many of my beautiful shoes away and to focus on new (but no so many) expensive and comfortable shoes....
ah life is tough..