Friday, June 25, 2010

June 24 - more extravangace

What: Size 8, lilac/pink and red cross strap wooden heels with studs sandals
From: Coach (Lord and Taylor)
Purchased: summer '04
Cost: ~$85

My only other pair of designer shoes, a total extravagance. Like the other pair of Coach shoes, also purchased at first markdown from L&T. I usually scoff at first markdown, but I saw these shoes and loved them. My friend Therese once asked me about keeping older things, and made the point of items going out of style. Which is a very valid point, but I don't operate at the edge of trendiness. I work in the classics, the basics. I don't snap things up pre-season, I buy them end of season (which is usually actually mid-season! Why summer sales start in July is crazy to me from a seller's perspective, but as a buyer I love it) and wear them the next year. I do have some shoes that were once wildly popular but now extremely dated (platforms!), but really, most of what I've worn so far this month is fairly timeless. Every once in a while though I get caught up. I saw these and for whatever reason fell in love. I've always thought they were way awesome-er than anyone else ever has - I've never gotten the compliments on them I think they deserve. But I love them. Haven't worn them for a while, so busted them out yeterday. The suede straps were stiff, but quickly loosened up and they were as comfortable as I remembered. Sure, perhaps dated, and they also need to be reheeled, but I still love them. And I have a summer skirt in those exact colors!

Bottom line: Keeper. But tell me, do you think they are dated?

No comments: