Saturday, June 19, 2010

June 17 - brown espadrilles

What: size 8 brown espadrilles with white trim
From: Naturalizer (outlet)
Purchased: early summer '09
Cost: $22

So, when I ran across these shoes at the Naturalizer outlet, I could not decide between the brown and black pairs. I already had orange espadrilles, so could have just gotten the black, but I really liked the brown ones. When in doubt, buy both. Especially when they are cheap. I think they were cheaper than I am remembering, and I also think I had a coupon for extra off.

Like the black ones, I also saw the brown ones at the outlets in Florida, and so have a new pair waiting in the wings. I'm hopeful I can get another summer out of these. The problem is the elastic that holds the back strap tight completely gave out - actually after only one or two wearings (on the left shoe only). So while I love the look, they are not the most comfortable as they keep slipping off. The bottoms are in fine shape (Unlike the orange ones, which had only a thin rubber coating that quickly wore off so the rope part is really coming apart). I need a way to fix that elastic. Even though I have a pair-in-waiting, it bothers me quite a bit to think of getting rid of perfectly fine shoes except for one defect on one shoe that should be fixable. Safety pin? Take them to shoe repair to be sewn tighter? I sohuld investigate the cost and then decide.

Bottom line: keeper for now

1 comment:

Thrift Store Mama said...

LOVE these - I have similar ones in beige. with white trim, but the brown ones are definitely cuter.