Tuesday, June 22, 2010

June 19 - futile quests

What: Size 8 slip on pink Keds
From: Keds - I think from Hecht's
Purchased: early 00's??
Cost: $15

I was talking to my mom about this shoe exercise and she said she had just read something about shoe decluttering that suggested you spread all your shoes out in a large area (hmm, not sure where I could do that - pics coming soon of my at least 5 shoe storage areas). Then, sort through them in total, and for every ten pairs of shoes you keep, get rid of one pair. Not a bad idea - a fairly gentle culling, actually 1 in 10. For more serious decluttering, the article suggesting tossing two pairs per ten. So on day 19, thus far I've placed on pair in the donation pile. (and btw, my scabs from that harrowing day 1 experience just fell off).

As I've said, I'm on a continual quest for comfy slips ons. Here's yet another try. I actually can't really remember where or when I got these. I feel like I got them at some outlets, but then it's also possible I've had them awhile and got them from Hecht's. I do know they were cheap as I wouldn't pay much for slip ons.

If I were forced to cull, I'd probably get rid of these. They don't fit quite right, they're not long enough (heel hangs out a bit), nor wide enough. And of course keds have no support. However, they are kind of cute in the picture. I've only worn them very sporadically. Here they are in May 07, when ELizabeth was just about Andrew's age now:
What do you think, gentle readers? Keep, as there's nothing wrong with them? Or donate, as there's nothing really right with them, either?

Bottom line: awaiting input, but leaning towards keeping

4 comments:

Herself said...

I'd say get rid

Thrift Store Mama said...

Dude, if your heel hangs off the back even a fraction of an inch, that is called biscuit heel. And you do not want to have biscuit heel - that's not good.

The challenging thing about getting rid of them is that you seem to have made space for them. So I guess the real question is whether you need that space allocated for shoes for something else.

Herself said...

I have to add that that picture would have been just as cute without the shoes.

So, this begs the question: When you see that photo, do you see the cute shoes first or do you see the cute family?

Elaine said...

Ditch 'em.