Monday, June 28, 2010

June 28 - purple non-quest

What: size 8 purple slip on sandals
From: No idea on brand (it’s worn out) but I purchased from a small independent shop in Friendship Heights
Purchased: ’01 or ‘02
Cost: $22

I used to wear these shoes at least once a week in the summers. Loved them. Love purple shoes. I don’t think I’ve ever had a purple quest (specifically looking for them), but rather I’ve never turned purple shoes down when offered them at a great price. I used to wear these with a pair of light green Capri pants that have purple polka dots. Indeed. I will make an excellent retiree in palm beach someday. The stitching holding the left top piece together is almost gone, and I wonder if these shoes will simply die one day, mid stride. I think they might be fixable? They are really comfortable – haven’t worn them in forever only because of worries of breakage.

Bottom line: they have to go into a repair stack if I truly want to keep them

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I had a pair of sandals from Talbots that was perfect. PERFECT. I wore those sandals a lot that summer, and then when I was in France, the damn heel broke. It literally fell off, leaving a nail in it's place.

I learned from that experience, when the shoe is about to die, no matter how awesome, it's better to let it go gracefully. In my case, a $30 pair of shoes wasn't worth of a repair, but that's a different call for all of us.