Tuesday, March 1, 2011

February 20 - old boots

What: size 8 tall black boots
From: unknown - label worn
Purchased: mid-late 90s
Cost: ?? don't remember. Guessing $60

So I wrote recently I hardly wore traditional pumps anymore. It's because in the late 90s, the tall boots and skirt look really took off. In my work career, early on, especially in the winter, I wore pumps a lot with hose. But, in the late 90s, pumps and hose went out of style, in favor of tights and tall boots. Love that look. These were the first pair of tall boots I bought. I took advantage of some free time over Presidents Day weekend to check out the boot box under my bed, and found these. I totally forgot I still had them. I wore the heck out of them over years, and then bought these, which I discarded in the summer (not really - I actually put them in the hallway, to be discarded, where they got covered with a pile of other stuff, so technically I threw them away yesterday! That is sad.). Anyway, just looking over that long ago July post (for the love of Pete! I've been blogging my shoe collection for over 6 months!!), it's clear I had forgotten about my original pair. I bought these first, then when they became worn bought the ones from July. And believe it or not, I bought my third pair of tall black boots, then my fourth (!), all while still holding onto the previous pairs! Ridiculous! So the second chronological pair have been trashed, and now the first pair have been placed in the donate pile, which is a giant stack right by the door of my bedroom that is starting to drive me crazy! CRAZY.

I have GOT to get the stuff I want out of the house actually OUT OF THE HOUSE. That would help, a lot.

Bottom line: TBD - to be donated!

1 comment:

Thrift Store Mama said...

Good - because these might be fine for me but they are too ugly for you.

Bring them to MNO and I'll drop them at the thrift store for you.