Monday, February 28, 2011

February 19 - new boots

What: size 8W black suede wedge tall boots
From: Naturalizer (online)
Purchased: November 28, 2010
Cost: $80

My 22nd and final purchase of 2010! Love these. In the early fall, my friend Elaine sent me an e-mail asking about some boots on the Naturalizer site, and I spied these. I cyber-stalked them for a bit - all my tall black boots are in bad shape. Also, I doubt my friend Therese remembers this, but the first time I met her (we worked at sister organizations) she was wearing a pair of black wedge boots, and I've wanted a pair ever since. I was intrigued by these because they came in a wide shaft option. I have a confession to make. My right calf has always been larger than my left calf, but since having Elizabeth, the disparity has become even more pronounced. My right calf is now a full inch wider than my left. Which means, over the next few postings, I'm about to show you a whole series of fabulous boots that don't fit me. It is infuriating. I don't know if getting into shape will help or not, but I'm not willing to give up on my boot collection.

So, anyway, I needed new tall black boots. When at my inlaws for Thanksgiving, I was able to visit an actual Naturalizer store (not an outlet), and I found these in 7.5 W, in the regular width shaft. With a 20% off coupon, they were $80. And they mostly fit. Tight, but zippable. But tight enough that I felt I should check out the extended shaft opening. They were offering free shipping, and it hit me that since there are no stores in DC, there would be no tax. So I ordered 8W extended shaft from the website (they didn't have any 7.5s). And then I dithered for a couple of weeks, which is why they weren't worn in 2010. Ultimately, I kept the extended shaft - theoretically, I could possibly even wear them with jeans tucked in. In theory. These are great, though, it's nice to have them, and I've definitely enjoyed rocking the short skirt, tights, tall boots look.

Bottom line: keeper!

1 comment:

Herself said...

I loved my wedge heel boots - they finally had to go this year (in bits on the inside and a hole in the sole) and I've had my eye out for a new pair. I like these a lot!