Wednesday, March 2, 2011

February 25 - more tall brown boots

What: Size 8 tall brown boots
From: EA Flexo (an Enzo Angiolini brand of flexible sole) (Bloomingdales)
Purchased: October/November 2005
Cost: $150

Shortly after Elizabeth was born, for some reason we were all at the White Flint Mall in Bloomingdales, and I had a little shoe frenzy. I can't remember why we were there, but I decided I really wanted a pair of brown boots and I was going to get them no matter the cost. Then, I found a pair of Coach shoes I had seen featured in ads that I loved that were surprisingly still available and on sale (coming soon - I had forgotten I have them, they are fab, and I really want to actually wear them for the blog), and thus my most expensive show purchase day ever occurred. Look, I never, ever buy shoes early in the season - they're still too pricey for my extreme bargain hunting. But I had money in the bank and I just wanted those Coach shoes, and I really wanted brown boots. I've worn these a lot, and they are quite roomy so they actually can fit my freakish right calf. But for some reason, I do not love them. Which is too bad considering they are my most expensive purchase ever. It's a good price for that brand bought in early fall, though, I do have to say.

But really, what I really, really want, and still do not own, is a pair of equestrian-inspired flat brown boots. Naturalizer had some great sale boots (now sold out), but I was in no position to buy them, so it'll wait another year or five. I got time. And it's not like I need them. Anyway, that day at Bloomingdales unbelievably, I simply could not find a pair of flat brown boots, so I went with these. I feel like they're cool and hint of cowboy boots just a teeny bit. I wish they were a darker brown (which is why I bought yesterday's boots).

So, whew, I think this means I've made it through my entire boot collection. 15 pairs to start (including rain boots and the new snow/hiking boots), and I got rid of 4 of them (with another pair barely hanging on - they'll be gone in the fall, I bet). That's not a bad cull rate. But boy, they are going to kill my average cost per pair. I could probably get rid of the older short black boots, but I'll see what happens for the grand, great accounting day that will happen, with Thrift Store Mama's help, later this spring!

Bottom line: keeper

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thrift Store Mama said...

Oops - that deleted comment was me. I was signed in under the wrong account. Here's what I said:

Wow, I never knew you rode horses. You learn something new about a friend every day !

Elaine said...

Love these. They look so comfortable, and just buttery soft. Maybe it's because I want my own pair of brown boots, but these just sing to me.