Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March 3 - pink slingbacks

What:  size 8 pink slingbacks with bow
From:  Talbots (outlet)
Purchased:  mid 00s, I think?
Cost:  hmm, guessing around $24

I'm working my way through my shoe wardrobe (the actual physical wardrobe piece of furniture, that is) jsut trying to wrap this up before April 8 - can I do it?  Will I make it before final decision day? 

Anyway, these.  They are fine.  But I do not have many occasions to wear them.  I actually have a sweater and a skirt the exact shade of pink.

Why yes, I did graduate from high school in the 80s, how did you know?  There is something I do not love about the outfit though.  Partly it's the matchy matchy. You could not be more matchy match if you tried.  Well, only if I had the shell for the sweater set (which I do not own) - I usually wear a white shirt under the sweater.  Things are supposed to go, not completely match anymore.  I get that.  But there is no other color in this outfit besides black - so what color goes?  Green, maybe?  Just stick with black since there's a lot of bright stuff already happening?  In any case, these shoes are perfectly fine and heck, I just have to find a different out for which they go, not match! 

Bottom line:  keeper

No comments: