Thursday, March 17, 2011

March 4 - maybe these are the best

What:  size 8 leopard print and suede pumps with velvet trim/bow
From:  Coach (bloomingdales)
Purchased:  Fall '05
Cost:  $115

So, I wrote my polka dot/spotted shoes were the best, but I think these might be the best.  It's a toss up.  The polka dot ones are more whimsical, with the hot pink/red suede accent.  These are more classic, if you will, with the leopard print and red suede, and slgihtly higher heel, though not too high.  These are also more comfortable, which means they might get the nod.  But for some reason, when I started this shoe challenge, I thought I only had two pairs of Coach shoes - I totally forgot about these.  So, hmm, not sure what that means about my love of them. 

These were in all the Coach ads in the early fall of 2005.  I ripped that ad out of several magazines - I could probably find it (I have files of interesting things I rip out of magazines - clothes, jewelry, recipes, book reviews, gardening tips, craft projects, places to go, see, do, thoughtful articles, etc - really, bizarrely, it's the one of the few things I actually keep semi-organized).  I coveted those shoes.  So when I had my little shoe frenzy at Bloomingdales, and found these on the sale rack (despite the pre-season hype!) I had to have them.  I wore them to two subsequent office parties, with fishnets, black pencil skirt, and red sweater with faux fur trim.  I've only worn them maybe 2-3 times besides that (per wear cost - oh the horror!).  Maybe it's the red - I used to wear a ton of red but don't really anymore.  So I knew I had to wear them for my monthly mom's night out dinner with friends (though i was not satisfied with my outfit).  They really are good shoes, I need to wear them more often.  I do love them, but I need more ideas of how to wear them. 

But it does make me think about some of my more blah shoes.  It is true I have some really stylin' shoes.  But really, not that many truly standout trendy shoes, and the ones I do have tend to be sandals.  But like everyone else, I need shoes for walking the dog or going for a walk or hitting the playground.  Hmm.  I am really curious to see the whole collections laid out - I think that will be very eye opening.  April 8 is the date!  Take off work and come by! 

Bottom line:  oh is there any doubt these are keepers? 

No comments: