Friday, March 25, 2011

March 25 - red mary janes

What:  size 8.5 dark red suede mary janes with brown strap
From:  Franco Sarto (6pm.com)
Purchased:  May 20, 2010
Cost:  $40

I think with these I've finally covered all 22 of the shoes I bought in 2010.  Whew.  I cyber-stalked these all last winter/spring and finally got them.  I thought I had paid slightly less than $35, but my bank records say $40, so that included shipping.  I really liked them, but just never had occasion to wear.  I like the red-brown combination, though typically I wear red/black. 

There was a sweater I liked a lot at Lands End and with a gift card from Christmas I was even able to buy that sweater this winter to match - cardigan over white dress shirt, jeans and these shoes. Perfect.  Thanks goodness for this current cold spell, huh?  (well, not really, but it does give me the opportunity to actually get this outfit/shoes worn this year (see many previous discussions of work from home pajamas), otherwise these shoes would just sit in their stack for yet another spring/summer!).   

I was at a DSW last summer and saw these in brown suede on the clearance racks, and I tell you if I had not just learned my contract position was not going to be renewed I would own those, too.  Both the purple Franco Sarto and these came a wide range of colors, and I had a hard time deciding which colors to get in which style.  I would have loved these in brown, and for the purple ones, I loved all the options - red, brown, and, grey but went with the cute purple.  Tough decisions! 

Bottom line:  Keeper!

3 comments:

Herself said...

I have the exact same pair!($17 at DSW) And I love a red shoe - you can wear them with brown, blue, black, beige... very versitile.

Therese

AwwwTrouble said...

Haha, Dammit Knew I should have bought the brown ones at DSW. What a good buy. Funny, we'll have to wear them together one day next fall!

kdot said...

I think I need to see these on. Like the sweater!