Tuesday, March 1, 2011

February 22 - boots the fourth

What: size 8 tall black boots
From: AK Anne Klein (Lord & Taylor)
Purchased: Late winter '06
Cost: $65

And now, black boots pair #4! In my progression of boots, aren't they great and stylish? Nice heel, pointy toe? Real leather?! Totally great. And never worn, because they are too tight for my right calf! ARGH. These boots are the reason why I'm holding onto pair #3. Soon after Elizabeth was born, I successfully bought a cool pair of brown boots (coming soon). They were tight on the right calf, but worked. Anyway, end of winter during Elizabeth's first year, I was at L&T and they were having a fabulous sale on black boots, but I was in a huge hurry for some reason and so I snapped these up without really trying them on. I had tried on another pair of AK Anne Klein boots earlier that winter and they had fit so I think I thought these were the same pair, but once I got home, realized they were too tight. I was losing weight and getting in shape, and thought I'd hold onto them because they were such a great buy, but life yada yada yada and so they've lived under my bed in their original box for 5 years now. Dammit. Can't give up on them, and they are out of th way, so they stay. But something has got to give, and soon. I'll reevaluate in the fall.

Bottom line: keeper, for now

No comments: