Friday, March 18, 2011

March 10 - another symptom of the overall problem: orange sneaks

What:  size 8 white slip on sneakers with orange trim
From:  LOFT
Purchased:  '05-'06 or thereabouts
Cost:  $20

Never been worn.  I know I was just complaining about my need for basic slip on sneakers, but these just aren't it.  First off, white sneakers - one wear and they are trashed.  Second, these aren't a great fit.  Third, I really need shoes with some support, not just a flat tread.

I really coveted these when I saw them at LOFT and desperately wanted them.  I thought they'd go with so much of my casual spring/summer wardrobe.  And now I have no idea why, other than I do like orange things for going to UVA games, though they really would not be that comfy to walk around, given their lack of support.   I guess they are cute in a preppy sort of way, so perhaps I can find a way to wear them this coming summer, and then I'll have to get rid of them.  Actually, you know what, I think that is what happened - I liked them a lot, they matched a lot of my summer wear that year, but I knew they would get trashed easily, so I never wore them so they'd never get dirty so I'd never have to get rid of them.  Huh.  I think everyone does that to some extent - save things for special use, but then the special use never comes along.

Bottom line:  keeper

Whew - so now I've covered all of the 31 shoes that were stored in my shoe wardrobe-y thing!   Crap!  It doesn't!  I was scanning the first photo in that link and I spied a pair I have not covered in the blog yet.  Guess what, they're BLUE and have never been worn.  I have a real problem with blue.  Hmm, they are spring-y shoes, maybe I will actually wear them one day next week, so it'll be a while before I catch up my posts to real time.  Actually I have the perfect pair of pants to wear with those blue shoes but they need to be hemmed.  Hmmm.

And you know what else?  These are the 167th pair of shoes I've shown you (157 at end of Feb + 10) - my original guessimate of how many shoes I own.   I think I have at least 15 more - hmm, more like at least 20 more (got to clean out the bottom of my closet, which is a jumble), which puts my end date as March 30, with my date with TSM set for April 8, will I make it?  Will I still have shoes left to cover?  Will I have to double up?  Crap, will I hit 200 pairs?!  Wow.  OK, this has been a very long, protracted 10 month blog series, but it has been useful.  For me at least! 

2 comments:

Thrift Store Mama said...

April 8 baby. April 8.

We'll need some bins or laundry baskets or boxes or something, because I think we'll need to pack away all the "hard core winter" shoes to have room to work with what's left.

Elaine said...

When I saw the photo my first thought was "Wow! Susan knows how to keep white shoes white." So I was hoping you were going to reveal some great secret - other than the one you did reveal of not wearing them.