Friday, February 25, 2011

February 14 - blues

What: size 7.5 navy fabric pumps
From: Nina (likely Hechts or Lord and Taylor)
Purchased: hmmm. Late 90s
Cost: another guess, hope I didn't pay more than $30 for them!

Cleaning off the rack in E's room, and pulled these off. These are old - the shoes are stiff and dry and maybe don't have any life in them. But they also fit ok, and there's nothing objectively or specifically wrong with them, other than I never wear pumps anymore (and didn't even when I worked in an office, I'm just not really a pumps person anymore). I can't believe how many failed blue shoes I own (or once owned, as I've discarded many). Good lord! 4 pairs discarded! Clearly I have a problem with blue. I think I used to wear more blue, and now no longer do? Or given how many pairs I discarded that had barely been worn (if at all!), I think I think I should own blue shoes but I don't really need blue shoes. For example, I know I have a very nice pair of blue shoes still in the box purchased in my Jan '09 shoe frenzy (5 pairs in less than 30 days all from L&T - I write about this a lot because I think that was the first time I ever really thought I had a shoe problem). They are low heeled pointy toe, stylish navy blue, and I've never worn them, and quite possibly they might be the only navy shoes I would ever need, as they'll work across the seasons and with a variety of outfits, should I ever need to wear blue shoes (they are similar to these grey shoes, but not identical). I'm trying to type myself into discarding these, as my original intention was to keep them.

OK, I've come close to the discard line, but I think I'm going to put these on the fence. I think I need to look at the shoes altogether, at the end of this process, with observers, and then my bet is these will go.

Bottom line: on the fence

No comments: