Friday, March 18, 2011

March 8 - too tight!

What:  size 7.5 black suede pumps with stitching bow detail
From:  Van Eli (purchased online from SmartBargains.com)
Purchased:  '04-'06
Cost:  $25

Oh man.  Still working on the shoe wardrobe piece of furniture.  I hate admitting these failures.  These are among the first shoes I cyber stalked - saw these and another couple of pairs on an online site and they were a great bargain.  And so I bought them, because I am on a lifelong quest for basic black pumps.  I just cannot get it right, though.  Soon after Elizabeth was born, my interest in shoes began to grow exponentially - I think it definitely has something to do with not gaining weight in the feet, so shoes nearly always fit. Plus I had that co-worker who became a friend who teased me about my shoe collection, while I feigned horror at her shoe collection (well, I wasn't feigning all that much as she seriously owned the worse shoes ever). 

Anyway, so there I was paying a lot of attention to shoes, found these online, and went back and forth on ordering the 7.5s or 8s.  Today I'd definitely order 8s, but I really am slightly in between those sizes.  So I went with 7.5s.  And they really are too tight.  I wore them once to work thinking, oh suede, they'll stretch just fine.  But yowza, they were painful.  They've been sitting in the shoe wardrobe thing-y for years and I just need to admit they are not magically going to stretch out.
Ouch!

Bottom line:  Sigh.  This pains me.  Discard........

No comments: