Tuesday, March 22, 2011

March 20 - but they are soooo cool!

What:  size 8 reddish platform croc embossed pumps
From:  Talbots (outlet)
Purchased:  March 19, 2011
Cost:  $26.50

Ok, see, these are actually why I traveled to the Clearance Center.  I first tried these shoes on last September,  as they were putting new fall merchandise out.  I loved them - love the color, just in between red and plum, love the exaggerated platform, LOVE.  My dad hmmphed at them, but I loved them.  I tracked them throughout the sale periods, and tried them on again when they made it to the clearance center at $85.  I watched the 25% off, and knew they had plenty and I could wait til the really good markdown - 60% off, plus that extra 10% off.  I had to have them.  Completely impractical.  But I like that they're red, but not really red - I wear a lot of plum, so I think I can make these work.  I was going to wear them out on the 20th, but Rich was sick and so I was on kid duty all day and they didn't get worn.  But I have plans for them. 

They had them in grey, too, and I almost decided on the grey as more practical, but come on these aren't remotely practical no matter the color, and I just really wanted the red. 

Pair #5 for the year.  Uh, and since I am doing one shoe in one shoe out, I'm counting these red ones against them.  Yes, I know it doesn't really count if I'm discarding a pair I had already decided to discard, but that's just the way it is.  Write you own shoe blog. 

Bottom line:  keeper! 

1 comment:

Kdot said...

Woooooh. You so leave me in the dust w/ shoes. :)