Monday, March 21, 2011

March 14 - nude slingbacks redux

What:  size 8 nude/taupe slingbacks
From:  Talbots (outlet)
Purchased:  mid-late 00s
Cost:  guessing about $24 but really not sure

So, going through the shoes in my underbed thing which holds brown shoes.  Nude shoes are HOT right now - I've gotten a bunch of spring e-mails/catalogs that have entire pages devoted to nude shoes, so I'm glad I'm sorting them all out.  Prior to this current nude trend, I would have called these taupe-colored, and quite honestly I've never known what to really wear with them.  I have a skirt that sort of matches this color, but now that nudes are everywhere, I have a lot more options.  Except for the fact that I am a color person, not a nude person.  (I was looking at a catalog yesterday from Restoration Hardware and I had to put it down because it was giving me a headache because every page was so bland and neutral - photo after photo of gorgeous furniture just crying out for a throw pillow or something in a color other than some shade of sand/taupe/khaki/brown). 

Anyway, last week I put a different pair of older nude slingbacks into this underbed shoe thing, and looking at them today I just thought - what is the difference in these two shoes?  The older ones a little bit cheesy and frumpy with the bow, so I think they are going to go.  Funny how sorting shoes out by color/style/season illustrates my overlaps!  Cannot wait til April 8th and the big shoe sort!

Bottom line:  Keeper

1 comment:

Kdot said...

I think I remember these form the outlet. Nice.