Wednesday, March 23, 2011

March 21 - metallic loafers!

What:  size 8W silver loafers
From:  Talbots (outlet)
Purchased:  March 19, 2011
Cost:  $21.25

OK, yes, I bought three pairs of shoes over the weekend.  There is no justification.  But you know what?  If I wasn't doing this shoe blog, I would have bought another pair - a very cool - and comfortable - pair of low heel peeptoes covered in gold sequins and glitter for $25.  Now, those were completely unjustifiable, and I knew it.  I liked them because they had a lower heel and were comfortable, and that's hard to find in a dress shoe.  But some on, where in the world would I wear them?  (dammit, I still want them, though - if they make it to the 80% off clearance you know they're mine!) 

But these!  I saw a bunch of mocs, ballet flats, and loafers on the clearance racks and then I noticed the tag on these were 8W = SCORE.  Wides are hard to find at the clearance center, so I grabbed them first thing and tried them - totally, perfectly comfortable.  Let's see, very comfy wide shoes (typically hard to find), metallic (my love of metallic is well documented), and silver/pewter/grey (my current favorite) for just over $20?  Um, yeah.

Ok, well, yes, technically I have these, which are functionally quite similar.  But! Silver/pewter ballet flats are great without socks, but you look like a dork wearing socks.  Silver/pewter loafers?  Socks, baby, plus a sturdier structure and heel put them in an ever-so-slightly different niche. 

Bottom line:  keeper! 

No comments: