Tuesday, November 2, 2010

October 26 - the best of the bunch

What: size 38 black spotted kitten heels with red accent
From: Boden
Purchased: 2005
Cost: $115

These are the most expensive shoes I own and without a doubt the snazziest (I have another super cool pair that are actually kind of similar, but not quite at this level of snazzy). Love them, had to have them. I might have bought them in 2006, actually, but I've not had them that long. After leaving my non-profit advocacy job, and working at a job that wasn't remotely emotionally rewarding, then coming back from maternity leave, somewhere in that time period I sort of realized work was for making money (as opposed to saving the world) and if I was going to work, I was going to enjoy what I could buy. So these came along right during that time.

They are so distinctive I don't wear them that often. I would wear them to work with black tights, black skirt, black sweater and red scarf. But I was never fully satisfied with that look. Maybe they really are not professional shoes! Tuesday night, nice dark jeans and a black silk top worked great for a snazzy, more casual outfit, and the lower heel means they are fairly easy to wear, though I didn't wear any sort of trouser sock or hosiery, and they are a wee bit pinchy.

I should wear these more often. I've probably only worn them a handful of times, making their per wear cost fairly high. I love them so much I don't want any chance of any wear or scuffing. If there is any slight possibility of rain I can't wear them! Or if there has been rain and there are puddles. Or there can't be any possibility of having to walk on grass or dirt. And snow is an absolute no-no. Also, preferably no concrete. Really, they should only be worn indoors under tightly controlled conditions. Yes, I may be a bit too obsessive about these.

Bottom line: keeper!


2 comments:

Thrift Store Mama said...

LOVE ! I don't have any sort of those shoes and I now want some. I'll bet they looked FAB with a black silk top and jeans.

Kdot said...

Wooooh...shoe envy!!!