Thursday, December 9, 2010

December 8 - I love shoes that make me happy

What: size 8 purple suede mary janes with a 2.75 inch heel
From: Franco Sarto (purchased online from Amazon)
Purchased: March 10, 2010
Cost: $35.50

So, I just spent 15 minutes going back through my purchase histories to discover the exact date and cost of these shoes. These are one of the two pairs of Franco Sarto shoes I stalked all last winter before finally buying. Astute readers may remember that I gave up shopping for Lent, allowing myself two exceptions - those two pairs of shoes. I though I had made it through Lent without buying anything, but amazon records don't lie. Bought these right smack in the middle of Lent. But I had planned for the purchase, so I don't feel badly. Plus, look at them!

Imagine looking down and seeing cute purple peek out from your pants. Love. Call me shallow, but I don't care. It makes me happy.


I wore these with trouser jeans, a purple t, and an animal print sweater, pictured above. I actually do not wear much animal print as I am never quite sure I am wearing it right, so the animal print sweater was going out on a limb for me. I was stymied by what the animal print actually was, however. But luckily, E's stuffed animal collection clarified it for me: snow leopard! I think.

Bottom line: oh, totally a keeper. Love these. When I am stressed all I have to do is think of thee and I feel calmer. Seriously.

No comments: