Wednesday, February 23, 2011

February 12 - fancy flats

What: size 8 silver ballet flats with silvery flower
From: Talbots
Purchased: spring '09
Cost: $32.50 (edited for accuracy)

Hmmm. You know what? I might have my dates all screwed up. The very first pair of ballet flats I bought from Talbots were these, and I wrote I bought them in spring 09. But, I wore those orange-y ones enough that when I saw these in Talbots I knew I had to have them. I just loved the flower-y thing. I held out til late winter sales and finally snagged them at $35 (and I had to call around and have them held for me at a store across town to get them). So does that mean I bought them in '10? Did I miss a purchase? No, I must have the wrong year on the orange ones. Not that it matters all that much, really. Now I'm going to have to go back through some receipts to see if I've been living a lie and actually bought 22 pairs, not 21 pairs, in '10!

I wore these in January, but was so totally unmotivated in posting. But, it really was a fashion faux pas. It was a cold day, and I put on black socks! Bad, bad, bad. I don't think you can wear socks with ballet flats? So does that mean you either freeze for fashion, or hold ballet flats for spring/summer/fall only?

edited to add: OK, so I have been living a lie - I bought these on February 15, 2010, which makes them the second pair of shoes I bought in 2010, for a grand total of 22 pairs. Great, now I have to go back and edit the 2010 recap.

Bottom line: keeper

No comments: