Monday, October 4, 2010

September 28 - not quite gold wedges

What: Size 8.5 3.25 inch platinum wedges
From: Talbots (outlet)
Purchased: September 17, 2010
Cost: $24

I couldn’t resist them. I had a quick work trip to Virginia Beach September 16 and 17th, and while a group of us drove down from DC, the others took flights back to their respective cities leaving me to drive home alone. I stopped in Springfield to pick up a bunch of party supplies for Elizabeth’s birthday, so of course I also made my way to the Talbots outlet. These were on the 50% off rack, so I had to have them – my 15th this year. Except, all this time, I’ve been coveting based on the online picture, which is clearly gold. These were labeled platinum, and you know what? They are not gold. I had the perfect outfit picked out, slipped on these shoes, and thought, oh crap, these are really more silver than gold. Darn platinum. Still wore them, but don’t love them quite as much as I thought I would. Still need gold sandals! The search continues.

Bottom line: keeper

1 comment:

Kdot said...

Love these, whether they be platinum or gold :)