Thursday, October 7, 2010

Week 1 - Wednesday turkey burgers


Last night's recipe was turkey burgers with creamy romaine slaw.

Was the recipe easy to follow?
Super easy, and only took 20 minutes.

Did it taste good?
Yummy. The mustard in the burger added nice flavor (and just last week I made a recipe for turkey burgers that had parsley and soy sauce and was also quite good). The slaw was tasty.

Kid friendly?
Yeah. Well, there was no way either of them were eating any slaw. I'm surprised the dynamic duo like turkey burgers, but they do. We had sliders last week, which work better for them, but Elizabeth took a few bits of the burger on a bun, while Andrew took his burger apart.

Adjustments?
Well, this is supposed to be a full meal, right? A turkey burger with a couple of pickles and optional potato chips on the side is NOT a full meal. I thought I had sweet potato fries in the freezer, which would have been perfect, but I didn't. So we had regular fries (baked in the oven) and some peas and some garbanzo beans so we wouldn't leave the table hungry!

Would I make it again?
Sure! The only bad part was the Touching Of The Meat. I was a vegetarian for 9+ years, and am still squeamish about raw meat. So I had hoped Rich would make the burgers, but no such luck. You're not supposed to overwork ground meat anyway so the burgers don't get tough, so it was just the forming of the patties that made my skin crawl. Sliders are definitely not as bad, as I use a scoop to put the meat in the special slider pan (of course we have a special slider pan!) and smoosh it down with the slider lid.

No comments: