Wednesday, October 20, 2010

October 18 - black boots

What: size 8 2.5 inch heel short black boots
From: Bass (outlet)
Purchased: 2005 or '06
Cost: not entirely sure. Guessing $40, though it's likely they were cheaper as the Bass outlet has good sales. But $40 is a good guess. Actually I think I bought these at the same time as a pair of Bass tall boots I have, so probably there was some deal.

I have a pair of slightly higher-heeled short black boots, and wanted something more casual. These still aren't quite it. Even though the heel is not too high, it's still a heeled boot. I'm glad I have them, and they fit a niche, but I'd still like a pair of more casual, low-heel black boots (like my brown ones) for every day wear. Yes, I do think it is entirely reasonable (although admittedly a luxury) to have 3 pairs of black short boots, and multiple pairs of tall boots and even some ankle boots, too. One cannot have too many pairs of black boots. Well, of course you can have too many - my point really is there are a lot of black boot niches!

Bottom line: keeper

No comments: