Monday, October 4, 2010

September 21 - brown grind

What: light brown size 8 kitten heel pumps
From: LOFT
Purchased: 2006
Cost: $30

These are great shoes that I like and wear a lot. So much so, the right back heel has totally worn to the nail stub – something I forgot when I grabbed them and hurriedly rushed off to a meeting downtown. Imagine walking on concrete on a nail head. Excruciating. You can feel the nail head grind into the concrete with each step, plus hear it make a nail on concrete grinding noise. Then, after concrete, you walk on tile – and you worry that with each step you are going to crack the tile floor, plus the grinding noise and feel that works its way through your leg.

Basically, wearing these shoes meant I had a crappy afternoon fretting over that nail head. But, once I get a new heel doohickey thing put on for a few bucks these will be fine. I’ve worn them so much the front is getting a little beat up, but they’re still ok.

I bought these with another pair of LOFT shoes with a similar look (the light brown, with darker brown accents) but in a higher heel t-strap. I spent a lot of time in the store deciding which shoe to get, and in the end bought both. I really wanted the t-strap, but thought the lower heel would be more practical. I’ve not worn the t-strap once – they are in a box somewhere. So maybe they will finally make an appearance this fall!

Bottom line: Keeper, with repair

1 comment: