Monday, October 18, 2010

decluttering returns!


OK, so in addition to shoes and food, I've got to get back to decluttering. My goal is one project a week. On the 10th, I sorted and organized the toys in the living room.

The toy sort. My least favorite activity. How in the world do the toys get so disorganized? WHy can't they keep their toys together? It makes me crazy. I did a toy sort in July, so we were way over due. Though I guess once every three months is probably all I can handle. I've got to sort through toys in bedrooms and, ugh, tackle the basement.

But for now, I got rid of one plastic bag full of broken toys, crappy toys, broken bits and pieces, etc. I'll count that as 1 item, even though it was a long, tedious job (Rich and ELizabeth were out and Andrew was supposed to be napping, but he 'helped' instead!). I also threw away 2 wooden puzzles. The pieces had never fit together well, so they were super difficult to put together. And after being chewed on, too many of the pieces had portions of their picture worn away. Oh, and each were missing at least 2 pieces. So 2 more things gone.

I kept this puzzle. But J, where are you?


Total items: 3

1 comment:

Thrift Store Mama said...

I'm surprised you didn't find J in the toy sort. It will turn up !!!