Wednesday, October 20, 2010

October 20 - purple lizard slingbacks

What: size 7.5, pointy toe lizard print purple slingbacks with a 2.5 inch kitten heel
From: Ann Taylor
Purchased: mid 90s
Cost: $30

I called the black croc pumps the shoes that started it all, but really they are the Shoes That Started The Blog. These really may be the Shoes That Started It All. I've had them forever, got them on super sale, they are my first pair of Ann Taylor shoes (usually too expensive for me), and I think they might be my first pair of stylishly patterned shoes just don't go with anything. In other words, these might just be the shoes that started the collection: the quirky bargain hunting shoe extravaganza that is my current shoe wardrobe. Hmm, maybe. Whatever, I still love them.

If I've had them let's guess 12 years (sure it's been longer, but 12 is good for simple arithmetic), and worn them 3 times a year, that's 36 wearings, which means I'm at less than $1.00 per wear. Pretty darn good, and definitely worth it.

Bottom line: keeper!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I really feel the need to defend myself. And it was five pairs of shoes that Susan gave me. One day I'll count the ones I have, but I'm sure I'll fall way short of her total. As to eating, I'm glad to see that you are trying new recipes. As for leftovers, your Dad and I like leftovers, but we never have as many as you do. As a matter of fact, when I cook, I plan on getting a couple of meals from each recipe. Love Mom