Monday, October 18, 2010

October 8 - blue flats (sorta)

What: size 8 blue and white ballet flats with gold buckle
From: Talbots (outlet)
Purchased: spring 09
Cost: $10

So this post is a wee bit of a lie. I got dressed (cuffed jeans, blue/white shirt) and taped up my heels, still hurting from Wednesday and put on these flats. Took the pic, and then took two steps out of my bedroom and decided it was just not going to happen. So while I had the best intentions, and am still counting these as worn, I ended up wearing blue flip flops instead. I just had too much walking to do and my heels were still too tender. And karma paid me back, because it turns out the blue flip flops, with that flower, are not so flexible and end up causing some twinges along the tops of my feet. So I ended up with pain anyway. At least this solves the mystery - I talked about pain in my foot on August 6th, two days after I first wore those blue flip flops. So now what to do about the super cute blue flip flops, but I'll deal with them next year, I think.

Anyway, these flats kind of verge on the too much category - too many colors, too bright/big buckle, too crazy a pattern. I think they'd have to be paired with a fairly neutral outfit. But there is still something appealing about them, so I will find something to wear with them. I bought these at the same time as these, my first flat purchases.

Bottom line: keeper

No comments: