Wednesday, October 6, 2010

October 1 - stalked heels


What: size 8 high heeled plaid peep toes
From: AK Anne Klein - cyber stalked not sure where
Purchased: 2008
Cost: $40 ?

I've written before that I went through an AK Anne Klein phase in 2007-08. I saw these shoes online and fell in love and cyberstalked them for a while. I can't remember what price I finally paid or where I got them, but I know I watched them for a while. (hmm, I may go back through my bank statements!) But once I got them, they waited in their box. I just never had the occasion or outfit to wear them. The heels are awfully high, so it has to be the right occasion, and while I love the glen plaid, I just don't know how to work it. The heel is brown, and the buckle is gold, and there is a bronze-y trim, so I think they'd go well with brown dressy trousers, of which I own zero. But then what else? Dark brown pants, red sweater? (what under the sweater? white? tan?) Dark brown suit with skirt (I own one), and red top? Tan pants/skirt with blue top and carry red bag?

I wore them out to dinner with friends with cuffed jeans, a red t-shirt, olive green cord jacket, and green long necklace. That worked, but how else could I wear them?

These remind me of a jacket Rich once bought - a plaid sportscoat for $25. But the mix of colors meant he never quite was happy with the rest of his outfit. See, the red is prominent, but the other colors are really blue and gray and a light tan. Any ideas?

These are the shoes that first made me think I was turning into a shoe collector, not a person who owned a fabulous shoe wardrobe. If you owned a pair of shoes you could never style (for want of a better word) would you get rid of them or keep looking for the right outfit?

Bottom line: keeper. I should sell them on ebay.

1 comment:

Thrift Store Mama said...

Gorgeous. How about red wool pants and a black or brown top ?