Tuesday, July 20, 2010

July 19 - gold sandals

What: size 8, 2 inch heeled gold sandals
From: Sam&Libby's (I think Hecht's)
Purchased: spring '00
Cost: $25 (guessing)

I wore these shoes to my friend B's wedding in Tally. Garden wedding, fair amount of standing on grass for the wedding part. They were uncomfortable then, and are still uncomfortable, so to the discard pile they go.

It's killing me though. I love metallic shoes. And I don't have many gold pairs. OK, well, I have two gold pairs but they are super dressy (and neither have been worn - and ok, so it's three gold pairs with the gold braided thongs - I'm digging a hole here). I have great bronze sandals (including one pair as yet unworn) and a couple of pairs of silver (as yet unworn). So this is a little bit hard. But really, I haven't worn them in forever, and just trying them on for a picture was painful, so they have got to go. Plus they are really not so stylish anymore. If I want gold sandals, Talbots has a pair of wedges:
Only $32! I'm not really cyber-stalking these. If they had a slight platform, I'm snap them up in a second, but I'm hesitant. First, stupid Talbots has now instituted a final sale policy. Can you imagine? And I haven't seen these in store to try on, and I just can't buy final sale without a try on. AND, their shipping costs are ridiculous.

However, they do have a couple of other pairs that are sorely tempting me - these (in pink! a-dor-ab! but $50 for ballet flats is insane) and these (love the purple - I think I'm in a purple phase right now (1 pair bought this year already, but they are suede heels....), so have to be careful. But they are only $30! But still, shipping. Sigh). If I got all three pairs, that would be over $100, and shipping would be free. Hmmm. Well, that leaves the problem of $50 ballet flats, and that's insurmountable. For now.

OK, wow, that got off track.

Bottom line: discard! I now have a bag in my bedroom quickly filling up with the discards. So remember if anything appeals, let me know. I have one pair put aside for TSM and/or my mother, though she hates thong sandals and would never wear them.

5 comments:

Elaine said...

I was hoping these were keepers. Not because they hurt you, but I like the idea of walking around in gold sandals. I just might branch out and buy some myself.

Thrift Store Mama said...

I think these gold sandals would look good on Elaine - with her shiny cotton khaki shorts and I think she has a shirt with some gold accent around the neck, maybe ?

I love those gold wedges too !

Elaine said...

Thanks, TSM. You're right. I have a brown shirt that has gold circle around the neckline.

AwwwTrouble said...

You can never go wrong with metallics. Never. Those wedges at talbots come in small sizes, but alas not narrow widths.

Elaine said...

It's gotta be narrow, or have an adjustable strap. I thought I was going to solve your free shipping issue by adding a pain, but sigh, it wasn't meant to be.