Thursday, October 14, 2010

October 7 - boring black


What: Size 8 black loafers with stitching and a silver buckle
From: AK Anne Klein (L&T)
Purchased: January '09
Cost: $25

And another pair of my infamous January 09 shopping spree (5 pairs in one month, though 1 was bought in 08, and I had no job at the time). These were just too practical and standard to pass up and you don't often find the very basic black shoes on the discount racks. After I wore my streamlined brown penny loafers, my friends commented they were too plain and stodgy for me. I fully admit they are plain and stodgy, as are these. But sometimes you need just a plain shoe for everyday wear.

My heels were seriously torn up from the day before, so I needed something super easy, loose, and comfortable because I had a fair amount of walking to do, including to and from soccer practice. You just can't stand on the sidelines of the soccer field in wild and crazy heels. Mostly cause it's either dusty or muddy, and certainly not worth ruining your fab shoes!

You know, it's taken until just now to realize I scored so many good shoes in Jan 09 because of that little financial meltdown thing in 08. I really was irresponsible buying them all, but I couldn't pass up the cheap basic ones. There were so many available because everyone else was more responsible. I've never even worn one of the pairs (they're basic blue, a great buy but I don't often wear blue), and another is definitely a heavier, cool weather pair so stay tuned.

1 comment:

Thrift Store Mama said...

There is simply no comparison between these and those other brown shoes that I didn't like. These are basic, yes, but they are cute and they are stylish enough for you to wear. These are definitely not stodgy.