Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 3 - blah

What: size 38 (euro sizes) brown thick soled, heavy heeled sandals
From: Aldo (bought in Canada)
Purchased: '03/'04
Cost: ~$25

I had a job where I used to travel a lot, and there would be some dead time. Not enough time to get anything really done, or go sightsee, but a good amount of time to duck into stores and look around. I bought these on a trip to Vancouver - I think fall '03, but I could be off by a season or two. Yes, Vancouver is beautiful. I did this shopping in the dead time after dinner, before heading back to the hotel room. When my brother travels, he hangs out at brew pubs and closes down bars and hangs out. I think it's harder for a female traveling alone - I'm not going to go hang out at a bar by myself, as a general rule. I always liked traveling places that had vibrant downtowns with restaurants and shopping. Easier to kill evenings walking in well-lit, populated areas. And if you duck into a store or two or three, well, why not? My colleagues at this particular job also taught me another road warrior tip - pedicures. Another great time killer. Seriously, there are only so many sights you can see.

Anyway, I bought these cause I had nothing like them, and the soft leather and soft footbed (plus slight heel) would, I thought, make them good walking sandals. Eh. They are ok. Too chunky, I think. I think they might be good for fall/spring when you want a more substantial shoe with jeans. It just turns out I rarely wear them. Maybe they are too boring for me. But still fine shoes.

Bottom line: keeper

1 comment:

Mike B said...

I haven't closed down any bars for a while! Hang out, yes! But it's tough to close down bars when you're traveling for business and have to work the next day. Montreal 2004 was a memorable exception.