Friday, July 16, 2010

July 15 - seafoam

What: size 8 seafoam 2.5 inch heeled sandals
From: Nine West – I think maybe an outlet purchase?
Purchased: mid ‘90s
Cost: ~$30

I have had these shoes FOREVER. And I have them in black, too. The black ones are, what else, quite beat up, but these have never gotten as much wearing as the black ones. I’ve had them so long I don’t remember getting them – but they were among the first good shoe purchases I made after moving to DC. They must have been cheap to buy two pairs at once, probably less than $30. I might have gotten them in FL. Just don’t remember. I used to wear these with a seafoam linen jacket, t-shirt, and white pants. There was also a skirt – maybe my lily Pulitzer one – that also was paired with these. I think they look great on, but both the black ones and these rub the outside of your foot, at the top strap, oddly. Never a blister, but after a fair amount of walking I end up with what I can only describe as a “hot spot” on my foot. Oh well, it’s worth it for as infrequently as I wear them!

Bottom line: keeper

Ps. The seafoam is an inside joke from college – my first car was a 1984 Chevy Cavalier of almost exactly this color, dubbed the ‘seafoam-mobile’ by my friends – you know, the whole marine biology/oceanography thing. I’ve had a soft spot for that seafoam-y color since then.

No comments: