Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 1 - a basic

What: size 8 white athletic shoes
From: Nike (Outlet)
Purchased: December '04
Cost: ~$50

So I made it 30 days without once wearing actual athletic shoes. Sad. Clear evidence of part of the problem. Anyway, headed out for a walk and my hiking boots finally fell apart two years ago (aha - of course, hiking boots are the 4th of the basics - athletic shoe, athletic sandal, basic work shoe, and hiking boot. The 5th basic is heels) so Nike's it was. As I've mentioned, I wear orthotics, but I've slowly over the years weaned myself off them, as they force you to wear ugly shoes. I just wear them in Nikes and, when I finally get a new pair, hiking boots. I probably should not say I wear orthotics since I don't actually wear them!

Anyway, I thought RIch had only bought me one pair of shoes (as yet unworn), but he also bought these for Christmas. I needed a new pair, he was shopping at the outlets, so a pretty easy gift. They're very worn, I need a new pair.

No comments: