Monday, July 12, 2010

July 9 - lemon

What: yellow patent leather and cream silk shantung peep toes 2 inch pumps
From: Jones NY (outlet)
Purchased: '07/'08
Cost: $15

Love these shoes. LOVE them. I love the color, they fit great, they are unusual and striking, but not too out there or trendy. LOVE. I wear them with brown outfits that might have a peek of yellow. Sadly, I stumbled on a curb when wearing them Friday and the front got a little more beat up, so these will not last forever. Another shoe suffering from the work from home/mommy syndrome, as I have few opportunities to wear them. LOVE.

Bottom line: Keeper!

ps. How much I love these shoes kinda cracks me up because I am what, almost 40 days into this and still wearing shoes I absolutely love, interspersed with some shoes I am really over. I really do have a freaking lot of shoes.

1 comment:

Thrift Store Mama said...

Those are gorgeous shoes - is it possible for silk shantung to be ugly ? This post made me remember that I'm going to buy a new outfit for a wedding in mid August and now I'm thinking silk shantung. Any suggestions where to look ? Would a trip to the Talbot's outlet be worth it this time of year to buy a summery suit/dress ?