Monday, November 1, 2010

October 25 - following advice


What: size 7.5 blue suede pumps with 2.5 inch heel
From: Nine West - maybe bought at Hecht's
Purchased: 1993 or 94
Cost: $32 - guess

The other day on Facebook someone posted an except from Clinton Kelly's new book, Oh No She Didn't. The post shared The Top 10 Mistakes We Make. #10 - scuffed up heels. I love Clinton Kelly, and he's right - at 42, owning well over 100 pairs of shoes, there is no reason why I should hold onto shoes that are this beat up. I loved these shoes. I wore them to Rich and my first valentine's dinner. Also wore them to my job interview at SW. I really like the heel, the curve is almost Louis XIV, but not quite. But I've not worn them in years, maybe a decade, because they are just too worn. So, it's time to say goodbye, especially since they've been living on the shoe rack in E's room and I really want that thing cleared.

Bottom line: discard

Today starts NaBloPoMo - National Blog Posting Month. So I'll catch up on October and then be a more regular poster this month. Have to run out to the grocery store to shop for this week, too.

No comments: