Wednesday, February 23, 2011

February 13 - another quest for casual comfort


What: size 8 light tan loafers with stitching and bow
From: Jennifer Moore (a Hecht's store brand, I think)
Purchased: '02 or '03
Cost: $25

A guess on cost. But yet, after the past few shoes I've put up, it's clear I've been on a long-term quest for casual yet comfortable. Here's attempt #184, it seems. I just cannot figure out the right casual, yet comfortable and walkable, dressier than sneakers shoe.

I remember I took these on trip to visit my friend K in Virginia Beach in early spring 2003, and she suggested we go for a walk on the boardwalk. And when my friend K walks, she walks. Several miles. I hadn't brought many shoes with me, so when I came downstairs with these she suggested I try something else. I think I might have borrowed sneakers from her for our long, cold walk.

Undecided on these. They aren't super comfortable, but do fit. There is something a little interesting about them. Any thoughts?

Bottom line: keeper, for now. Am actually really starting to look forward to lining up all my shoes for an audience (of one right now - TSM), because I think that might help cull.

No comments: