Tuesday, February 22, 2011

February 8 - brown loafers

What: size 8 brown loafers
From: Karen Scott (Hecht's in-house brand)
Purchased: early 00's
Cost: $24

Guessing on cost. These are yet another pair to fill my "I need casual shoes" niche. I swear I have the hardest time with this niche, and never get it right. On What Not to Wear, they call it the mom on the go look. Well, I bought these before I was a mom, so it's been a long-term struggle. On WNTW, I think the mom on the go shoes they demonstrate are generally awesome shoes, but they would still make you look like an asshole on the playground (too fancy) and they aren't comfy enough for the urban mom on the go who walks and takes the bus. Maybe a suburban mom who drives a lot of places, but not one who might walk over a mile to the playground.

Anyway, these are kinda fine, though kinda ugh at the same time. The heel is too high for real casual wear, but they are too frumpy for dressy wear. I still don't see what's wrong with my easy spirit penny loafers (though they are frumpy too, at least they have a little bit of styling).


Bah, I guess they stay.

What do you wear for casual, comfortable shoes? Should I keep these?

Bottom line: a keeper, I guess

3 comments:

Herself said...

A really nice pair of trendy trainers.

Thrift Store Mama said...

Listen, I don't know how many times I have told you this, but these are simply not "current" enough for you.

Thrift Store Mama said...

For casual, comfortable shoes I wear clogs or tan loafers like you picture in a later post.