Friday, February 25, 2011

February 16 - shootie #1, or why do the shoe gods hate me??

What: size 8 grey shooties with buckle
From: Liz Claibourne (Marshalls)
Purchased: January 2011
Cost: $20 - on clearance

OK, folks, these were the second pair of shoes that I bought in 2011, and I wasn't sure about them. They are cute, but Liz Claiborne isn't a great brand, and besides, I was coveting the expensive Naya shooties. I bought these January 17th, with a 30 day return policy.

And then I found the Naya shooties on super sale. If the Naya shoes were perfect, I didn't need another pair. But if the Naya shoes were not perfect, these might be a good alternate. Sob! You see, the deadline for returning these was fast approaching, and my Naya shoes were not showing up. The last time I ordered online from Naturalizer, the shoes arrived in two days. I had taken to screaming at odd times: "where are my new shoes?!" (I've never claimed to be easy to live with). I consulted Rich, and he said, just keep these, they were cheap, they look good. So I decided to wear them on the 16th (also, still have not fixed heels of grey short boots). And they are pretty cool, and I do like them and am glad I kept them.

BECAUSE: Naturalizer broke my heart. Broke. My. Heart. On the 17th, I got an e-mail saying my order was canceled (sic) due to lack of inventory! Let's just say distraught doesn't begin to cover my disappointment. After a period of mourning what could have been, I am back to cyber stalking. I've found the Naya shoes on one site for $80, plus $10 shipping. And at this point in my non-working life I can't justify that purchase. And, I do have these. They are fine. I like them fine. And, if not for the heartbreak caused by Naturalizer, I might have been able to say I love them. But alas, they will forever be linked to second place, good enough status, which isn't really fair to them. But such is life.

Bottom line: keeper

No comments: