Tuesday, February 15, 2011

February 6 - another flashback

What: size 8 platform slides
From: Nine West (probably Hecht's)
Purchased: mid 90s
Cost: $30

Holy smokes, these shoes are dated! Though, funny enough, everything comes around - I was reading some fashion story in some magazine that talked about how "flatforms" were coming back into style. The ridiculous words the industry pushes on us! But of course the article went on to say don't pull out your old ones, the new flatforms have a more defined heel and slimmer profile yada yada yada.

I think this is another pair my sister had first and I copied. It's funny that, at 14 years my junior, she's had far more influence on my personal style than I think I have had on hers. I still recall how, when she was 7 and I was 21, she's the one who told me I needed to start pegging my jeans (another trend that is coming back in style!) and showed me how to do it!

These shoes live in a slot in the hanging bag in my closet. If I lived in Florida I could see wearing them occasionally. They are comfortable. If they didn't have a defined place to live I'd feel more pressure ot get rid of them. For now they stay. Maybe they will be back in style and I can wear them in a retro way?

Bottom line: on the fence, probably keeping

No comments: