Thursday, November 6, 2008

Some days

You just don't want to declutter. And that's ok. I went to the thrift store today and had a MAJOR score. Major. I owe my friend Thrift Store Mama a big thank you for introducing me to this place.

We've been taking inventory for the impending baby arrival, and we're in pretty good shape. Not knowing my daughter's sex in advance means most of the small clothes were gender neutral, and other friends have given us some quality cast-offs. But, when the weather turned cooler, I realized we really needed an infant Bundle Me that wasn't pink. Craig's List turned up some possibilities at $20 each. Retail is $40.

So guess what I scored today at the thrift store? A gray Bundle Me in perfect condition for $2.60. PLUS an additional 25% off. Of $2.60. Which means $1.95. SCORE!

The thing about the thrift store is a couple of hours standing on my feet and the rest of the day is shot. So no decluttering today. Basking in my extreme thriftiness, though. And I'm pretty picky, so not like I am filling up the house with other purchases, either. (I got a book (latest Jane Green - $1.50!), and a big basket for baby's laundry (for $3.50!) and a few small things).

Back at it tomorrow!

1 comment:

Thrift Store Mama said...

So, so happy for you. Thrilled actually.