Sunday, November 30, 2008

Day 53 - from 2 weeks ago

OK, blogger/router seem to like each other again, so I can finally document stuff we got rid of a couple of weeks ago.

First, here's some random stuff I collected just in passing in the basement: a sugar/creamer set (backstory - years ago my parents visited and they noticed I had no sugar/creamer sets, which made getting their morning coffee not as smooth a process as they would like. So for the next three holidays in a row I got some version of a sugar/creamer set. This was, I think, a birthday present); a mikasa glass bowl that was a wedding present, never unpacked (from 1999); 2 sets of blue stone napkin rings; a picture that is the footprints religious story, also a wedding present; a vase that was broken in 1999 (after wedding, moving from my house to our house) that I am never going to fix. Vase trashed, others in donation pile. (the jugs in the back? Actually used by my husband for beer making, so those stay).


And more (above): starting at the top, moving clockwise - old computer bag (donation) on top of one of the 2 drawer file cabinets (put in alley and it was snagged); box of papers trashed; old lamp trashed; box with 5 plastic cups, 1 old bottle; another box of paperwork. See cat? We kept him.

Total items: 18

3 comments:

The Lowe said...

Trojan work

Stimey said...

I love the cat hiding in with the clutter. And beer-making jugs are incredibly important and NEVER junk.

Laurie said...

Your cat looks so much like our cat Franklin in that photo. It was great to see him there.