Saturday, November 15, 2008

Day 38 - getting ready

Spent a while working on the front bedroom, sorting clothes and hand me downs and Rubbermaid containers of Elizabeth's old clothes.

I don't know how to count this as items, but I got all Elizabeth's gender neutral clothes, all hand me downs, and the few new clothes all sorted - 0-3 months in the dresser, then bags of 3-6 months, 6-9 months, 9-12 months, 12 months, and bigger than 12 months. This was a HUGE effort. Sorting through Elizabeth's old bins I also pulled out some clothes to pass along, resorted them by size and gained a bin in the process. Gained another bin sorting through two tubs of blankets, mobiles, etc - pulled out the sleep positioners, the mobiles, and the gender neutral blankets.

Yesterday I found in the basement the bin of breastfeeding stuff - the pillows, the pump, the other stuff (I don't even remember what that other stuff is, only glanced in the bin). So that'll come upstairs in the next day or so.

And in cleaning the front room, I had Rich fold up the storage bag with my wedding dress (it had been hanging on the closet door, taking up too much space) and put it on the top shelf of the closet, so that counts as a thing. The dress has a stain on it - a 9 year old stain. Right in the front, on the bodice. I should take it and have it cleaned, but the cost is ridiculous. So it can stay at the top of the closet for a while. Another year won't make the stain any worse than the past 9 years have, right?

Daggone it, I'm having a hard time figuring out how to count this. It was a TON of work, but not a lot of discarding. Probably best to count conservatively.

Today's accomplishments: wedding dress stored, pac n play set up, dresser filled, 2 bins emptied.

Total items: 5

1 comment:

Stimey said...

It seems unfair to do so much work, but not get to count more items. I give you major organizing kudos!