Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 2 - metallics

What: size 8 graphite ankle strap platform sandals
From: Ann Taylor LOFT
Purchased: fall '06
Cost: ~$40

I love metallic shoes. Love them. Not surprisingly, I get daily e-mails from a variety of stores I frequent, and these shoes were prominently featured in that year's LOFT ad campaign, paired with a steel-blue almost turquoise wrap dress. I loved the pictures - both items are a little retro-looking, which I love, but as an extreme bargain shopper, I rarely buy featured items - those are usually snapped up by more fashionable people early on in the season. But for whatever reason, both shoes and dress were still available when things went on sale and I could not resist buying both for a work meeting. I've only worn these shoes like 4 times. When I went through my shoes last week, I did a little bit of sorting and looking into boxes and had completely forgotten about them, sad to say. So I was planning to wear something else to dinner out on Friday (I've decided my rules allow me to wear an already worn pair if I wear a different pair for an outing or a significant part of the day), but went with these instead. They're fine - a little high for regular wear, but they were great.

If there's one good thing about my fake challenge to myself, it's forcing me to actually dress up to match rarely worn shoes. I've always liked the idea of a per wear cost - so now with a 5th wearing I've gotten these to below $10/wear, which is respectable.

Bottom line: keeper

No comments: