Thursday, July 29, 2010

July 22 - black sandals

What: Size 8 black sandals, 2.5 inch chunky heel
From: Nine West - not sure where purchased
Purchased: early-mid-90s
Cost: ?? $35?

Wow, I am behind on posting, and these shoes inspired a lot of "thoughts" for me, but since I am so far behind I might turn those thoughts into an essay. Let's just say I dug these out of the closet in Elizabeth's room, and hadn't worn them in years. Possibly a decade. They are definitely chunky and clearly mid-90s dated, but they are still fine and actually not all that beat up. These were my go-to black sandals in my first years of DC.

I've been looking around at other blogs and see how you can't quite see all my toes? My toes never reach all the way to the front of the sandal. Though I dislike seeing people with their toes hanging off the front of the shoe. I think my toes never reach because if my feet weren't so wide, I'd actually be a size 7 or so. I have to go up in size to fit my width.

Bottom line: Keeper, but stay tuned for an essay. These might not stick around.

EDITED 10/3: DISCARDED after buying a new pair of black sandals. I never did the full essay, but I was alluding to my alarming tendency to shove older pairs to the back of my closet and hang onto them even though they hadn't been worn in years. New black sandals in, old black sandals out.

2 comments:

Thrift Store Mama said...

These are not trendy enough for you. Donate.

Elaine said...

I love these, but they definitely don't look like they fit as well as your other shoes because the toes seem so far back.